Coffee on vinyl - Copenhagen
Hey, I am Gilles. I do things with people, art and technology.
Coffee on vinyl - Copenhagen
Vejle Fjord - Denmark
You have years like this. Crucial.
2013 has been one of the most decisive year in my [short] life so far.
We introduced Whyd to the world while keeping the platform on an invite-only mode.
This helped us to nurture an amazing community of music lovers around the world. We spent a tremendous amount of time seeing, listening to and understanding how people were using Whyd, figuring out their needs and dreams. We never stopped improving their experience. One day at a time.
The result is beautiful, Whyd is becoming the social music platform we were dreaming of one year ago. A place were music lovers meet to collect and share the best songs in the world. I am psyched about the quality of the music and the community behind the place.
Feeling the love around Whyd helped us during the tough periods.
Raising money is hard. I could have never imagined how really hard it was before experiencing it.
Assembling a great team and building a great product is not enough. If you run out of money, you’re dead. No matter what. But these two factors plus a giant determination will help survive.
Yeah Whyd team, I’m talking about you. We’re still here for 2014. Stronger than ever. We would have not make it without the talent, the courage and the determination of our team, our amazing community, mentors, friends and family who supported us during the hardest moments. Thank you. Thank you so much.
This is only the beginning. 2014 will be a year of international expansion and growth for Whyd. We’ll pursue our mission: building the best place for music lovers and looking for the best music in the world.
On a personal level, a lot of things will change too. 2014 should be an intense and exciting year of traveling and a probable relocation in the United States. Melodie, who share my life, will also relocate in Denmark, where she will handle a new role for the LEGO Group. I am proud of her work. She also has been incredibly supportive during the past years. How lucky I am. I love her.
I start the year with energy, passion and determination. I am so excited.
I wish you a wonderful year. Believe in your dreams and never give up reaching to your goals.
These are some of the music lovers you will be making this app for.
If you are one of the many people who has been following our story, you know a good amount about how we operate. If you are new to Whyd, take a look at the Facebook page to see our personality. We built Whyd based on…
Both a lavish praise for Tony and assets to build a strong and beautiful community.
is building an awesome music community at . Tony is mastering key elements when it comes to identify outstanding community managers:
1) Nurturing: Tony is building the community one member at a time, welcoming and taking care of everyone like a friend - from his warm introduction on our landing page - to the welcoming email he sends to new members, including feedback, tweets and FB messages follow up.
2) Communication: Tony is 4-lingual, story teller and a great writer. His Bs in italian medieval poetry probably helps. He is the main editor of our blog - and knows how to create fun and interactive contents. He empowers the community by running engaging interviews and featuring members’ contents like playlists or guest posts.
3) Resourceful: Tony is smart and will always find pragmatic ways to improve the community management and development, at small costs. He writes, draws, produces videos, organises off-line events and even took the title of CBBQO (chief barbecue officer) .
4) Product focus: Tony listens to the community and contributes to the improvement of the product on a daily basis, as we are all-in for our members and their experience with Whyd.
5) Engaging: Tony is a Mensch, which is the rarest and most invaluable quality that you can find in a man. People instantly feel it. Tony has the charisma, the humor and the humility to lead, federate and empower people.
— Pablo Picasso
Here we are! 2013 - I whish you a wonderful year.
We hope you have a great time with friends and family. The new year is coming - by the way, what’s your playlist of the year? - and it’s a perfect time for us to say a few words about the year we lived at Whyd.
2012 has been a wonderful year for us with the birth of Whyd in June and the rise…
After two years I think I can say the same thing.